Sixth Form Offer
At Malcolm Arnold Academy we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of A-level and BTEC courses.
General Admissions Requirements:
Admission to study in the Malcolm Arnold Academy Sixth Form courses is dependent upon:
- Prior attainment at GCSE
- General entry requirements for the Sixth Form
- Minimum entry criteria for each course
- Availability of places on each course
Please see the prospectus for further information and general and subject specific entry requirements.
If a course is oversubscribed, applicants will be placed on a waiting list and, depending on numbers of applicants wishing to study the course, consideration will be given to the possibility of an additional class.
If an applicant fails to meet the minimum course requirements, they will be given the option of pursuing alternative courses for which they do meet the minimum academic requirements.
Students who have not achieved a minimum of GCSE grade 4 in English Language and Mathematics will be required to continue studying one or both subjects until a grade 4 or above has been achieved.
If a course is undersubscribed, financial and staffing implications will be considered, and the decision may be taken to withdraw the course.
Subject Specific Entry Requirements:
- A Level Maths: GCSE at grade A or A* is required to study this subject. It is desirable to have a grade C or above in GCSE additional maths.
- A Level Science: A minimum of two GCSEs at grade B or above in Core, Additional or Triple science is required to study A Level Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
Please see prospectus for further entry requirements and information.