Peterborough Cathedral Trip
On Tuesday 15th March all year 7 students and the Chapel Choir attended a Religious Education, History, Music and Art curriculum visit to Peterborough Cathedral.
Students took part in a variety of learning activities including:
- The history of the two abbeys, Old Scarlett (The Tutor Gravedigger), dissolution of the civil war and the Victorian cathedral.
- The importance of pilgrimage to the Cathedral; why did pilgrims visit Peterborough in medieval times?
- The Keys of St Peter, the Cathedral’s Patron Saints.
- Maps and Mitres, the role of the Bishop and Cathedral in the Diocese of Peterborough.
- Collaborative artwork that will be displayed in the Cathedral in April.
- Worship led by Canon Missioner Sarah Brown (students sang the hymns they have been practising in school during this time).