Parent Briefing 25th February 2021
This information is about the Return date and Covid Testing for students.
When does my child return to Malcolm Arnold Academy?
DfE Guidance states ‘From 8 March, all pupils should attend school’ and that the week before, we are able to provide Covid Testing for students before they return to the classroom. This means:
- Malcolm Arnold Academy student, all year groups will return at the usual time 8.40am on Monday 8th March. Details of this day are to follow.
- Covid Testing for all students with parent consent, will take place the week before, on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th March using a Test and Go format.
Covid Testing for students:
We strongly advise all children and staff get tested, even though it is not compulsory. To do this, a CONSENT form needs to be completed.
Please click here to do this as soon as possible:
Test and Go:
On Thursday 4th and Friday 5th March, we will give your child a time slot to come in for a test.
We can only test your child if you have completed the form (link above.)
- We ask that your child comes to school to have the test, at the given time, then return home again.
- If you want to come with your child, you must remain outside the school gates or in your car because strict social distancing regulations will be in place.
- Students must not gather on the site or nearby, for their own safety. We would very much appreciate parents and carers support with this.
We realise Test and Go may be inconvenient, but it is the quickest and safest way to get everyone tested and back into school on 8th March.
Here to Help:
This information is only about Testing and Return date: we will send out full details about the March 8th Return in the next few days.
If you would like to talk to someone about Testing: email howen@DRET.co.uk for a quick call back from our Covid Help-force or phone reception on 01604778000.