Apply to be a Music Scholar at Malcolm Arnold Academy
Our Music Department
- Weekly curriculum music in Years 7, 8 and 9
- Key Stage 4 - GCSE and BTEC Music offered
- A Level Music, A Level Music Technology and Level 3 BTEC offered in Sixth Form
- A large and growing department of 4 staff with 10 additional peripatetic teachers from Northampton Music and Performing Arts Trust
- Heavily subsidised access to NMPAT peripatetic instrumental and vocal lessons, with over 100 solo instrumental lessons each week
- 12 musical ensembles per week, including three choirs, Concert Band, String Orchestra and Big Band.
- School musical production every year - this year's musical is The Sound of Music
- Bi-annual music tour - this year we are visiting Holland
- Over 25 public performances each year at the academy, in Northampton, and around the UK
- Partner organisations including Nevill Holt Opera, Gabrieli Roar and the National Youth Orchestra
- Highlights of last year's performances include A Midsummer Night's Dream at Nevill Holt Opera, two ensembles performing at the National Festival of Music for Youth in Birmingham, the Glee Choir performing with Brendan Cole, the BBC Radio Northampton Carol Service broadcast on Christmas Day, concerts with the Britten Sinfonia, and the DRET Uppingham Choral Residential.
To complete an application for aptitude testing, please click here.