At Malcolm Arnold Academy we believe that a strong partnership with parents is extremely important. Parents and carers can expect certain standards from the academy, and in return we ask that parents and carers support us with key policies.
Stay in Touch
Our website: www.malcolmarnoldacademy.co.uk
Our Twitter Feeds: @MAAPrincipal
- Provide an effective learning environment for all students
- Give structured pastoral support to students throughout their time at the academy
- Enable students to broaden their horizons through the provision of excellent opportunities
- Respond promptly to expression of concern or complaints
Designated Safeguarding Leads:
Prevent – Lisa Cummings
LAC – Michelle Ashley
Managed Moves – Kate A’Court
Alternative Provision – Sonia Evelyn
CEOPS Ambassadors – Michelle Ashley/Sonia Evelyn
The academy can expect parents and carers to:
- Support their child’s needs to learn by creating the right environment at home for enquiry and discovery
- Enable their child to achieve full attendance
- Encourage their children to promote academy values, such as caring for each other and wearing the uniform correctly
Details about our latest KS4 results can be found here.
Please see the attached document on the left hand side for a full breakdown of our latest Key Stage 5 results.
Key Stage 4 results
The academy's complaints policy aims to ensure all complaints are listened to, explored and responded to quickly and effectively, and dealt with by an appropriately designated person. The academy takes seriously any concern or complaint as we believe tackling issues at the earliest possible stage will improve our academy, enhance learning, prevent issues escalating and be in everyone's interests. For more information, please download our Complaints Policy on the left-hand side of the page.
Absences during term time
We would like to remind parents and carers of children at the academy that they have a legal obligation regarding school attendance. Usually this does not pose a problem. However, in line with national expectations, Malcolm Arnold Academy is not authorising holidays during term-time.
A holiday taken during term time can result in a Penalty Notice being issued by the local authority imposing a fine on parents. Details of the authority’s Code of Conduct relating to issue of Penalty Notices can be found on their website: www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/attendance in the section headed ‘School Attendance, Truancy and Your Child’.
For information on applying for a place at the academy, including applying for entry through our Music Scholarship. Please click here.